Old July 17th 13, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

Default You really couldn't make it up...

On Wednesday, 17 July 2013 12:37:15 UTC+1, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 12:03:38 +0100, Judith

wrote:

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 08:02:16 +0100, Bertie Wooster

wrote:

snip

In/on what sort of vehicle does the operator most frequently ignore

one-way working, plus red traffic lights, pedestrian-only status of a

facility, etc?

Motor vehicle.

Please Sir : my dad says that that is incorrect: can you try again: or perhaps

provide some evidence if you're sure that you are right. It would be bad form

for an (ex) teacher to be giving out duff gen.

1. Motor vehicle operators frequently ignore red traffic lights:

which is illegal when using a registered vehicle or acting as a licenced to drive person.

between 50% and 66% of them who have the opportunity to do so, do.

2. Motor vehicle operators frequently ignore pedestrian only footways

When the footway is part of the road in that it is adjacent to the carriageway, parking on the footway has not generally been legislated against for small cars. Driving along the footway in preference to the carriageway, even when blocked, is generally illegal, although special circumstances may be used as lawful excuse. There are relatively few pedestrian only footways and they are not typically accessible by motor-car, but there may be problems with motor-bikes.

by driving onto and parking on them.

3. Motor vehicle operators frequently ignore speed limits.

Many prefer to remain ignorant of "limits" and their "speed".
It is well known that going faster than a galloping horse will suck the life out your lungs and so policy enforcers claims of 120mph are clearly fictitious.

The only one of the list which motor vehicle operators do infrequently

is ignore one-way working. However, as I am sure we can all agree, it

does happen.

I may make a willful contribution, but don't let your mind stray into having you believe that I am ever agreeing. If you ever get thet impression, yoiu are likely missing my point.