Old July 17th 13, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

Default You really couldn't make it up...

On Wednesday, 17 July 2013 15:02:18 UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
Bertie Wooster wrote:

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 12:03:38 +0100, Judith

wrote:

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 08:02:16 +0100, Bertie Wooster

wrote:

snip

In/on what sort of vehicle does the operator most frequently ignore

one-way working, plus red traffic lights, pedestrian-only status

of a facility, etc?

Motor vehicle.

Please Sir : my dad says that that is incorrect: can you try again:

or perhaps provide some evidence if you're sure that you are right.

It would be bad form for an (ex) teacher to be giving out duff gen.

1. Motor vehicle operators frequently ignore red traffic lights:

between 50% and 66% of them who have the opportunity to do so, do.

2. Motor vehicle operators frequently ignore pedestrian only footways

by driving onto and parking on them.

3. Motor vehicle operators frequently ignore speed limits.

The only one of the list which motor vehicle operators do infrequently

is ignore one-way working. However, as I am sure we can all agree, it

does happen.

It is very rare that car drivers ignore one way streets, some accidentally

go up them the wrong way, but cyclists do it quite deliberately.

Ah, so you have been recruited by the thought police!