Old August 21st 13, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Cyclist hunts for witnesses

On 21/08/2013 22:36, Brian Robertson wrote:
On 21/08/2013 22:16, Judith wrote:
On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 21:53:09 +0100, Brian Robertson
wrote:

On 21/08/2013 12:56, Mrcheerful wrote:
On 21/08/2013 10:23, Brian Robertson wrote:
On 20/08/2013 19:43, Mrcheerful wrote:
Cyclist just manages to stop before running into the back of a Range
Rover and is surprised that the owner takes exception to the
cyclist's
antics. Cyclist claims he was knocked off and wants to drum up some
witnesses.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-23757876

I take it that you think knocking a cyclist off his bike and possibly
causing him/her serious injury or death is a reasoned response?

if it happened then it is unreasonable. I have noticed that cyclists
are seasoned liars and will even invent crashes and crimes to cover
their own stupidity.

And car drivers always tell the truth, huh?

I am reminded of a woman I worked with who used to cycle from Buxton to
Stockport every single day, rain, snow or shine. Until one day someone
drove into her and ruined her health for the rest of her days. She was
going through a green light and the car driver crashed a red. Needless
to say, that wasn't the tale that the car driver gave to the police.
Guess who the police believed.

I wonder if the people who knew the car driver believed his story over
the
woman's.

Did she tell you the true story - or was if from an independent witness.

Glug, glug.

Jimdeth, since motorists commonly leave cyclists for dead in the gutter
I would tend to believe the cyclist.

Commonly, eh?

I can't remember the last time I left a cyclist for dead in the gutter.