Old August 9th 05, 09:02 AM
David Martin

Default fun with hills

audrey wrote:
On 8 Aug 2005 08:55:49 -0700, "David Martin"
wrote:

Can't say going up the
hills was fun but coming down them was. Cycling on the Kingsway was
definitely a Bad Idea.

The cycle paths next to it are even worse. I tend to go along the
clepington road (just S of Kingsway.)

Yes I tried the cycle paths once, I know what you mean. Next time I
will experiment with other ways of getting from Piperdam to Mill
O'Mains.

If you don't mind a bit of off road, you could try the cycle route
through Templeton woods then down to the Dighty burn through Trottick.
Nice ride but potentially a bit secluded in parts for a young lady
alone.

But it is nice to get out and about. Shame we didn't meet up but I was
flat on my back all weekend with some nasty lurgy.

aww. Hope you're feeling better now. Maybe see you next time.

Much better, or at least I was till I had to fight with a tree
yesterday evening. The tree lost [1]

...d

[1] My neighbours are moving so I am taking the opportunity (with their
permission) to tidy up the boundary between the two houses. This
involved the removal of a few saplings[2] and trimming 15m of flowering
raspberry. Wielding a petrol hedge trimmer at arms length can still be
felt in my shoulders today.
[2] well, one was more of a small tree with a 6" trunk growing out from
a very well established laurel hedge. Much cursing and wielding of
mattocks later and a victory was secured.