Old April 28th 05, 10:55 PM
JohnB

Not Responding wrote:

So who's going to be there?

100km of enormous hills. Hell's own headwinds. Almost certain rain. Road
surfaces rejected by third world governments as substandard. How can you
resist?

FWIW, I plan to be on the 0800 Pompey to Fishbourne car ferry. I'll be
on the blue Tifosi and will be looking nervous on account of Sunday
being my re-aquaintance with clipless pedals.

Yep. Four of us riding down on Saturday and pitching our tents just
outside Cowes.
The farmer is allowing us to stay specially as we are cycling and the
field is apparently too wet for motorised 'campers' who would churn it
up :-)

I'll be on Trice, 12 year old son 'M' on a blue Marin, teenage daughter
'KJ' on Dawes, and a friend of daughter - a 19 year chap who I've lent a
blue Geoffrey Butler tourer to.
Its his first camping trip and his first ride on a drop handlebar bike.
He's also sharing a small tent with said daughter so I can tell I'm
going to have to be quite fatherly :-)

Will have a yellow ribbon flying as per Cycling Plus forum rules, and a
red one for urc.

We'll also be in the Travellers Joy on Sunday after the ride :-)

I'll AirZound if I see the Tifosi.

John B