Old September 17th 03, 02:24 AM
RideToEat

Default Vuelta on TV?

Hippy wrote:
"SM" wrote in message news:0xU5b.83749$bo1.20893@news-
-server.bigpond.net.aunews:0xU5b.83749$bo1.20893@ne ws-server.bigpond-
.net.au...
Anyone know if there is any chance of the Vuelta being shown in Aus?

Yeah, it's Stage 10-ish now right? Where can I get (pref. free) video
coverage of it?
Anyone following the race on cyclingnews, etc?
hippy

Yeah, it's just amazing how many unfamiliar names (particularly
Spaniards) are doing well. Is this because the "big names" aren't there,
or is the local knowledge that important there? Or just that I'm
ignorant?

I don't get a chance to see it these days, but you might catch a result,
and even a couple of shots on SBS World Sports. Or if you live in
Melbourne, Cogs in Elwood might be showing stages live. It's a good way
to spend Saturday night.