Old September 4th 03, 10:37 PM
Geoff

Default Fisher frame size from serial number?

DiabloScott wrote:
Large is the size 19" c-t and Medium is 17.5" - unless that bike has a
3" diameter top tube there's no way the difference between c-c and c-t
will explain it.

http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/siz...is&bike=Marlin

You didn't say what the serial number is - some manufacturers include
the frame size in the serial number... worth a check. Also you could go
to your local Fisher dealer and take some measurements of both sizes of
frame. I think you're on good footing with the sales receipt, but this
guy could make a stink on your eBay seller's rating.

--
Check out my bike blog!

http://diabloscott.blogspot.com

Thanks for your input. I considered going to my local Fisher dealer and
taking some measurements, not sure what the proper etiquette is though.

The seat tube does extend some distance above the top tube; maybe half
the top tube diameter + the seat tube extension would explain the 1.5"
difference.

I did look for any obvious relationship between the serial number and
the frame size and didn't notice any.

I emailed Fisher regarding the serial number and have yet to hear a
response. I'm not sure how responsive Fisher is, but hopefully I'll get
an answer either way.