Old June 13th 08, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_4_]

Default Why aren't disabled cyclists treated the same as disabled motorists?

Rob Morley wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:36:24 +0100
JNugent wrote:

Rob Morley wrote:
I wouldn't find a bike useful in those situations, but I would in
pedestrianised shopping areas.

I don't care how "useful" the cyclist may find it. It would be too
dangerous for others. A pedestrianised area is for... pedestrians.

And mobility scooters that charge around with no consideration for
pedestrians. I could legally use one of those, so why not a bike?

And mobility scooters that charge around with no consideration for
pedestrians. I could legally use one of those, so why not a Jaguar XJS
or a Renault Megane?

Because users of mobility scooters can't walk (very far). The rest of us
don't have that difficulty.

How about you?