Old June 14th 08, 06:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Why aren't disabled cyclists treated the same as disabledmotorists?

On 13 Jun, 22:37, JNugent wrote:
Rob Morley wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:36:24 +0100
JNugent wrote:

Rob Morley wrote:
I wouldn't find a bike useful in those situations, but I would in
pedestrianised shopping areas.
I don't care how "useful" the cyclist may find it. It would be too
dangerous for others. A pedestrianised area is for... pedestrians.

And mobility scooters that charge around with no consideration for
pedestrians. I could legally use one of those, so why not a bike?

And mobility scooters that charge around with no consideration for
pedestrians. I could legally use one of those, so why not a Jaguar XJS
or a Renault Megane?

Because users of mobility scooters can't walk (very far). The rest of us
don't have that difficulty.

How about you?

Disabled cyclists can't walk very far either that is why they are
disabled.

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net