Old January 26th 04, 12:17 AM
Mike Vandeman

Default "once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of some mt. bikers is being displayed"

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:20:38 GMT, "Michael Paul" mfpaul
wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
. ..
.. In my experience, it is ALL mountain bikers that are selfish, arrogant,
..and
.. stupid.
..
.. Mike
..
..
.. From: [name withheld to protect them from threats, harassment, and abuse
..by
.. mountain bikers]
.. To: "Mike Vandeman"
.. Subject: "Fort Ord habitat in peril from mountain bikers"
.. Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:27:08 -0800
..
.. Thanks, Mike; once again the selfishness, arrogance, and stupidity of
..some
.. mt. bikers is being displayed. CB
..
.. ===
.. I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
.. humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
.. years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
..
..
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
..
..probably true. but then, those same generalizations were used by Hitler
..against the Jews,

Oh, right. If Hitler said something, that vitiates those words for all time to
come. Right. Idiot.

by many Americans against the African Americans and
..countless other groups who thought, incorrectly, that an entire group of
..people could be characterized so simplistically.

I have observed THOUSANDS of mountain bikers in person and on the 'net. I have
yet to meet even ONE who is honest. That is just a fact.

Then again, it just shows
..the shortsightedness of your attitudes and total inability to realize that
..those who mountain bike are no different than those that hike, swim, run,
..cook, sew, play football, or jerk off excessively every day.

How would you know? Have you done a study? I doubt it. In fact, people who
engage in a partcular activity ARE different. People who mountain bike are just
not THE SAME AS THOSE WHO spend their time trying to save wildlife. To say that
they are is dishonest (nothing new, for mountain bikers). There is a REASON that
mountain bikers are so honest: if they had to tell the truth, they would no
longer be able to practice such a destructive sport.

AS a group,
..they represent an entire cross section of society and cannot in any way be
..characterized by one or two words that by their use serve your myopic view
..of the group in question.

I have enough data to say that you are absolutely wrong. For example, I have yet
to meet one who is honest about mountain biking. And you are no exception! You
are just as dishonest as all the rest.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande