Old September 3rd 03, 12:03 AM
John Finney

Default Winter Shoes (w/ Speedplay cleats)?

About a year (and one winter) has passed since I have seen any reviews
of winter cycling shoes. I am prepared to purchase the new model from
either Lake or Gaerne, but would like to hear pros/cons and other
recommendations from similarly cold-footed riders.

In particular, can anyone confirm that Lake or Gaerne winter shoes
can/cannot work with Speedplay (X/2) cleats?

For the record, the following have proven insufficient: plastic bread
bags, shoe covers, duct tape, neoprene socks, Gore-Tex socks, and
battery powered heated insoles (although those aren't bad). I have
Reynaud's syndrome, and if you have it too you know about cold toes...