Old October 30th 09, 04:42 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc
Edward Dolan

Default Recumbents in NYC?

"Dan C" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 22:18:51 -0500, Edward Dolan wrote:

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
... [...]
Ed,
I bought a house in Andover and arrived with my U-Haul and cars at 1:00
A.M. the night after the great Halloween Blizzard of 1991. I had to
shovel snow until about 3:00 A.M. just to get the truck off the street
and another 2 hours to get the cars in the other driveway. About sunup
I collapsed on the living room floor and slept while my wife and kids
Got all the small stuff out of the cars and truck. There is snow and
there is way too much snow at the wrong time. Iowa was like an ice
sculpture wonderland that night, but could there have possibly been a
worse time to pull up to a new house after a 2,000 mile drive??

Bill Baka

Bill, stories like the above are adventures when you are young, but they
are sheer misery when you are old. It seems I have spent most of my life
cursing this g.d. Minnesota weather. I dream of tropical climates where
it is always about 85 degrees in the shade and no freaking wind at all.

Well, why the **** don't you move?

Jesus.

Ever heard of Florida?

Christ Almighty!

Ever hear of 'commitments'? If not, then look it up the word in a
dictionary. I means that you can't move because of obligations. I am tied to
property, but most folks are tied to family. What is the matter with you
that you can't understand this? Are you an idiot or only pretending to be
one?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka