Old October 30th 03, 05:13 PM
Nick

Default Colorado Singletrack

"Per Löwdin" wrote in message

There has been more than a hundred visits today to the domain. Perhaps if
you try later.

Yes, I got in a subsequent try - nice, informative site. It's always
interesting to see how visitors perceive your home and its inhabitants.

FYI, the reason Coloradans "love rain" (and you'll find this attitude
predominant in the southwest and the arid mountain west), is as you
surmised, we get so little of it. Fire is a natural part of the ecology
out here, and is a constant threat during dry periods. Just last night
a wildfire broke out in LeftHand Canyon northwest of Boulder, and 5000
acres burned before some well timed snow helped get it under control.
Water literally brings life and safety to the west.. so most of the time,
we're happy when it falls from the sky for free. Of course, if it rains for
more than a couple of days in a row we get sick of it, and start grousing
like everyone else

Splendid pictures, would like to go to Moab sometime, but when we were in
the US in July and August it was blistering hot and pointless when we could
ride in places such as Frisco, Salida, Crested Butte, and Durango.

Moab is definitely not the place to go in the summer.. unless you like
heat stroke. In the spring and fall though when the snow's still in
the high country it's a great place to get some riding in.

By the way why do you put spaces in the addresses? Do you mind that anyone
can see them? Or?

My apologies - being overly paranoid, I guess. I used to read and post
frequently to Usenet back in the ancient history, pre-WWW days. Now with
all the spam and 'net viruses floating around, I didn't want to subject
myself to uneccessary attention - didn't know if posting an unobscured
web address invites as many attacks as posting an unobscured e-mail address.

- N

Nick @ thewildes . com