Old May 20th 15, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

Default Cyclist dies on unroadworthy wreck.

On 20/05/2015 17:34, Bod wrote:
On 20/05/2015 17:14, Mrcheerful wrote:

So tell me how you stay a doors width away from parked cars when you're
driving your car and the road is just not wide enough without going over
the white centre line?

You stay at a speed that will allow you to stop, you observe whether
there are people in the cars that might open a door, you use the horn if
needed.

Come on! you know that is not always possible. I've been driving for
over 50 years and have *never* had an accident, BUT I've had a lot of
close calls in cars. I don't believe that you've never driven close to
parked cars out of necessity on narrow roads in traffic doing about 30 mph.
In that situation, if a driver justs decides to open their door when you
are within a few yards of their door and the road is too narrow to drive
around it and it's too late to brake. You WILL hit the door.

But virtually nobody ever does. Except cyclists.