Old June 19th 04, 01:25 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default published helmet research - not troll

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 19:24:50 -0400, Steven Bornfeld
wrote:

But this is like saying that a
seat belt shouldn't be worn because it won't save you from crushing
injury of the thorax in a head-on 60 mph crash.
Safety measures shouldn't be discarded because they are not 100% effective.

I haven't said anyone should wear a seatbelt and I haven't said anyone
shouldn't wear a bicycle helmet. I've asked, repeatedly in this
thread, for some evidence of speculation about overstated dangers. If
helmet proponents want to push for wider helmet use, I think it's only
fair that they be honest about what is known and identify their
speculation as such. That's not a lot to ask -- for honesty.

JT