Old June 5th 19, 12:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Bicycle statistics

On 6/4/2019 3:35 PM, John B. wrote:

snip

In short, your comments (above) about how cyclists are all law abiding
citizens and obey the traffic controls doesn't seem to correspond
with information contained in the report that you reference.

Only to those unable to discern 44-66% from 80-90%. Hopefully most
people can tell the difference, but apparently not everyone is able to.

Also, if you read some of these reports more carefully, you can see that
if a cyclist is more than 50% at fault then they are counted as at
fault, even though the motorist may also be partially at fault. I.e. a
speeding car hits a cyclist that runs a stop sign. Both have part of the
blame but the cyclist is likely to be considered at fault.

I'm sure that you actually really do already know all this, but for some
reason you enjoy being obtuse.