Old May 4th 05, 01:37 PM
Kyle.B.H.

Default won't shift to granny

I'm having problems (again) shifting from my middle to granny under
load. I just replaced my moderately worn 40t middle with a new 38t, and
the problem crept up again. I have already taken the measures of filing
away the portion of the derailer that conatcts the frame, filing a small
groove in the seat tube itself, and even moving my chainline outward
about a mm via a BB spacer, and still no success. It shifts fine when
not under load, but once you start up an incline, forget it, it won't
go. Its an Ultegra der. and TA Alize rings.

So now I'm thinking I'll file the tops off of two consectutive teeth in
the middle ring to aid the shift. Don't some chainrings include this as
a feature?

A) Think this will help?

B) If I do this, where on the ring (relative to the right crankarm)
would I file the teeth?

C) Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Kyle