Old May 14th 11, 10:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

Default Substitute for V-brake pad question (kool stop)

On 5/14/2011 2:02 PM, pH wrote:
My Easy Racer is equipped with V-brakes.

The way it's set up, the thin-line pads seems to be a pretty steep
contact angle and wear quickly on one side as a result (say, top vs.
bottom).

I've moved the rim a bit forward with the screw stops in the dropout
to enable a more square contact w/ the pad, but still not happy with
the wear.

My Question:
Is there any reason I cannot substitute the Kool Stop
- Eagle II threaded post pads OR
- so-called "Mountain" pads (appear to be v brake style) OR
- something called "Phat pads"
-something else called "supra" pads

All of the above are kool-stop brand.
I am soliciting opinions on this.

This is just a problem with the rear brake? And presumably your bike
has an ISO 622-mm (aka 700C) rear wheel?

Other useful information would be the model of brake and model/width of rim.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.