Old June 13th 19, 01:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Crossing at pedestrian walk

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 15:38:36 -0700 (PDT), AK
wrote:

Sometimes when I need to go some places where it is safer to ride on the sidewalk for a short distance and cross at a cross walk with the pedestrian signal . (It's ok where I live in Texas).

Since most people do NOT look right before turning on a red light, I do the following:

1. I wave at them to make sure they see me, then cross.

2. If they have dark windows, I do not cross if someone is turning right

3. I also watch the other cars turning right. (Not sure if their light is red?)

3. I have my headlight flashing at all times

Thinking if keeping my rear lights flashing would help in any situations.

Andy

Probably anything that increases the chances that someone would notice
you is advantageous :-)
--
cheers,

John B.