Old December 9th 19, 02:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Kid's next bike after 20"?

On 12/8/2019 7:51 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 12/8/2019 6:22 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Seeing Jeff's link
https://www.thegeekycyclist.com/wp-c...e-1024x865.jpg

reminded me:

I spent a lot of time building up a really lovely antique
(1960s?) Italian made mixte for a young lad. He loves it and
loves riding. It's a super-cool bike.

But the boy is growing. I've got a couple years to figure it
out, but I'm wondering about what's [going to be?] available
that's not a mountain bike, is reasonably light weight, has
multiple speeds, is fairly kid-proof, and has wheels maybe
24" diameter.

Any recommendations?

Current product is dominated by 24x1.95 but a tire change to a smooth
tread 24x1.5 is usually free at most LBS.

If you want to talk about an Italian styled youth fixie, flipflop hub,
24x1 -540, write me.
http://www.yellowjersey.org/jrtrack.jpg

Wow, that looks really cool! But he loves his three speeds. I'm planning
to get at least nine for his next bike.

--
- Frank Krygowski