Old December 10th 19, 10:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ned Mantei[_2_]

Default Kid's next bike after 20"?

On 09-12-19 16:44, sms wrote:
On 12/9/2019 5:08 AM, Ned Mantei wrote:

snip

My daughter and I are also looking into a 24" bike for my
granddaughter. Lots of hills here, so we think light weight can be an
advantage. You can ride everywhere on unpaved field and forest roads,
so we want not-so-narrow tires. The current choice is this one (but
the only dealer they list in the US is in Austin Texas):
https://woombikes.com/en_US/shop/pro...oom-5-2019-531 .
The SRAM derailleur should be better quality than the Shimano Tourney
that a lot of kids' bikes have.

Look at:
https://www.rei.com/product/143202/co-op-cycles-rev-cty-step-through-kids-bike.
But it is Tourney.

Should have made clear that the only reason I mentioned the lack of
sellers in the US is because most of the readers of this newsgroup are
from there. I (and my family) live in Switzerland, where the Woom bike
is easily available.

The REI bike looks quite reasonable, but there's no REI in Switzerland.

Ned