Old July 12th 03, 12:37 AM
Tom Keats

Default Dogs

In article ,
(Marlene Blanshay) writes:

Great danes are huge but they are so mild mannered I wouldn't be afraid of
them.

My experience with great danes is similar. The ones I've
known were all more civil and civilized than many humans.
And often, better conversationalists. The poor critters
had short lives though -- apparently they get too big for
their hearts, physiologically speaking. I wouldn't encourage
them to over-exert, or to get overly excited.

I had a friend whose bloodhound used to chase after everything (he
was always on a leash though)- roller bladers, skateboarders, kids playing
snowballs, kids playing hockey, cyclists. BUt he would never bite anyone
although he did try to grab some rollerbladers shorts!

LOL!

cheers,
Tom