Old March 23rd 09, 08:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Default how long does a broken collarbone take ?

hizark21 wrote:

On Mar 23, 9:12*am, wrote:
re LA; if he's out due to broken collarbone, how long on avg. would it
be before he can race again ?

On cyclinengews.com they estimated it would take 4-6 weeks for Lance
to recover. This probably eliminates Lance's Giro chances. This may
also effectively end his TDF chances as well.

How come nobody is raising the conspiracy theory that this "broken
collarbone" happened to take the pressure off Lance to do well in the Giro
or TdF? Now, if he doesn't do well, everyone can say it simply isn't
because he isn't doping, it's because he didn't have time to train because
of the injury (if you think Armstrong was clean) or because he didn't have
time to adjust his doping schedule to perfection as before (if you think
Armstrong is a doper). So instead of having only one plausible reason for
him tanking at the grand tours that doesn't involved doping, we now have
several, or maybe 2.5 depending on how you count and whether you assign
fractional values to the conspiracy theories. What this does is lower the
odds of him doping from 50/50 to something else, but the guys from rbt will
have to flesh out the theory from here.

When I write this up into book form, I'll autograph copies for people.

--
Bill Asher