Old November 10th 04, 03:04 AM
Claire Petersky

"Dane Jackson" wrote in message
Claire Petersky wrote:
"Dane Jackson" wrote in message
Claire Petersky wrote:

I guess a touch better, though who cares what I think? I suppose one of
my problems with getting an expensive bike is that I destroy bike parts
at a fairly good clip. Wheels, forks, frames, derailleurs, seats, racks,
bottle cages, etc. I'm not in Chalo's league, but I'm doing fairly well
for an amateur.

I guess the only thing I have that's original on my existing bike is the
frame, handlebars, and cranks. I might have more except for the time my
husband drove it into the garage while it was on top of the car.

I tend to destroy everything though, that's why I gave up wearing a watch
a long time ago.

Me too -- my husband complains that I have to replace my watches twice a
year.

But this to me then points to the need for quality components -- if the
cheap stuff is just going to break, it might be worth it to spend a little
more. Not for Dura-Ace, but for Ultegra, at least.

I really do like the look of the SOMA frames though. I've been toying
with the idea of getting on of those for my next road bike.

What about Vanilla? http://www.vanillabicycles.com/ They're down in
Portland...

TiCycles unfortunately seems to think that a cyclocross bike is the same

as
a touring bike, otherwise I'd give that local company more

consideration.

Hmm, I've never really looked into them that much. Usually I just stop
into the store because they're the only one I can find who stocks some
small part I need. So, I've never really looked into them as a whole
bike supplier per se.

They're conveniently located off the BG -- clearly oriented to ride-by
traffic, as opposed to people who arrive by car.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist: