Old June 24th 17, 03:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Chain Line

On 2017-06-23 17:35, sms wrote:
On 6/23/17 7:34 AM, Joerg wrote:

snip

He had a handle-bar mounted one. So I am one of the few riders out
here with a "cup holder" on my MTB. I find that quite useful and have
a whopping 28oz bottle in it. In this area you can't have too much
water on the bike.

I have cup holders on my "around town" and commute bikes. I keep getting
asked where to buy them. I bought a bunch of them when one store was
closing them out so I have been giving them away. One thing I do is to
use heat-shrink tubing around the clamp section instead of the rubber
shim that comes with it, but that tended to slip out.

#20 at "38 Useful Items that You Can't Buy at Your Local Bicycle Shop"
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sbysWs4spoaFDe5EuFCmOkbpapQ2aOLQ__Aqs16Pi4M/edit?usp=sharing
or http://tinyurl.com/notatlbs.

My LBS is a small appointment-only deal. Yet when discovering that
problem on the just delivered MTB he headed straight to his display wall
and picked a handlebar holder that fit. I did have to mod it because it
wasn't sturdy enough for my riding, maybe because of the big 28oz bottle
in there. Underneath I placed old bicycle tube which keeps it from
rotating although the big bolts can be torqued down hard and the
handlebar is steel.

The MTB has made a few unplanned landings onto that holder and it still
lives.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/