Old March 17th 17, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default m-m-m-my Saronni

On 3/17/2017 4:21 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 1:52:28 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, March 17, 2017 at 10:02:34 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
I really liked this bike.
Not sure why I got rid of it, except I guess it was just time for something new, just for a change. Paid $150 for it ready to ride.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/saronni

Saronni's were sort of bottom top-end bikes. They were manufactured by a variety of makers so one could be nearly perfect while another badly brazed and fitted poorly.

What can be known from the heart-shaped cutouts on the lugs? I mean, they are there, but look sloppy/carelessly made

tinyurl.com/saronni-lug1
tinyurl.com/saronni-lug2

Nothing useful can be known from that.

Although we in sales speak of 'lug cuts', implying some old
Italian guy for hours with a very small file, the various
standard shapes are punched from standard lug blanks (or
cast in standard angles). Clean braze flow looks nicer,
yes, but most of the oopsies are usually in the paint.

Your seatstay top plugs are also dirt cheap and offered for
pennies with anything you like cut into them.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/