Old August 15th 19, 10:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Professional use of proper size wrench

On Thursday, August 15, 2019 at 5:15:01 PM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 8/15/2019 3:48 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 5:21:46 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

When seconds matter, 911 is just twenty minutes away.

People who have never had need for the police haven't even a passing understanding of self defense.

I did need the police here once. There was an obviously sick raccoon
stumbling around our yard. I called the cops because there's a village
ordinance against shooting a firearm within village limits, and raccoons
frequently carry rabies.

The pleasant young cop (one I hadn't met before) came within about three
minutes. He shot the raccoon and we disposed of the corpse together in
the nearby woods.

I once defended our garden from a marauding groundhog, but that required
only a pellet gun and a club.

--
- Frank Krygowski

They didn't take the dead racoon away for testing for rabies? Amazing!

Cheers