Old August 16th 19, 01:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Professional use of proper size wrench

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 15:52:37 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Thursday, August 15, 2019 at 6:05:06 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/15/2019 4:13 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, August 15, 2019 at 3:48:58 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 5:21:46 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/14/2019 6:38 PM, AK wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 9:08:00 AM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/wat...ault/971662496

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

I can strongly sympathize with her not wanting to let someone steal from their shop.

When the guy mentioned "shooting", it may have have been better to call the police.

With the good camera footage, there is a chance at an arrest.

Huh?

When seconds matter, 911 is just twenty minutes away.

People who have never had need for the police haven't even a passing understanding of self defense.

Hence why a lot of gun owners believe the adage, "It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it".

Cheers

Although that's true, responsible firearms owners, hell
responsible people generally, seek first and foremost to
avoid that sort of situation. Nobody wants to be George
Zimmerman.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Sometime you can't avoid a bad situation.

I had an instance where two friends of mine were attacked

on my front verandah. My sister phoned the police when we saw the
blood on the two. They had been attacked by six guys. I fired one
blank round from a 7.62mm NATO semi-automatic rifle and let the
assailants see the next round going into the chamber. They all left
rather quickly. VBEG ONE HALF HOUR later the police finally showed up.
I believe in that saying, "it's better to have a gun and not need it
than to need a gun and not have it". I also like the saying, iirc from
the US Marine Corps that, "Gun control is hitting what you are aiming
at".

But, you were shooting blanks :-)
--
cheers,