Old October 1st 20, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default New Tactical Cycling Maneuver

On 9/30/2020 6:25 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/30/2020 4:40 PM, Radey Shouman wrote:
Frank Krygowski writes:

On 9/29/2020 10:58 PM, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 22:12:12 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 9/29/2020 6:53 PM, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 11:52:28 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 9/28/2020 11:58 PM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 28 Sep 2020 22:30:22 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Here are some highly rated hunting rifles:
https://www.fieldandstream.com/story...ing-big-woods/

https://squirrelhuntingjournal.com/t...rifles-budget/

I can link to more. But most "sportsmen" (the term
hunters often use for
themselves) do not consider guns with combat
features to be the best
tool for hunting. It thus seems inaccurate at best
to consider an AR to
be a "civilian sporting arm." Unless the "sport" is
armed combat.

Well, I suppose that it depends on what "sportsmen"
means. After all
the AR type firearm is extensively used in target
shooting. Or aren't
target shooters considered sportsmen?

Come on, John. You said you shot competitively,
right? If so, you know
about target shooting competitions.

Given a free choice of gun type, you can't pretend a
high level
competitor would use an AR rifle in a match. It's the
wrong tool for the
job.

https://www.snipercentral.com/ruger-...t-full-review/

https://www.browning.com/products/fi...es/x-bolt.html

There's lots of target shooting with ARs only because
lots of guys think
ARs are cool, so that's what they buy. It's a fashion
thing, as
senseless as most other fashion things.

Well, once again you hit the target.... well except
that the target is
evidence that you don't know what you are talking about.

See: https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-precision-ar15/
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/bu...residents-100/

They are very commonly used in matches that specify
"service rifle"
and apparently have been since the 1950's and 1960's, see
https://thecmp.org/2016-cmp-rifle-an...-rule-changes/

You're talking about matches that restrict the choice
of guns, so as to
disallow the really accurate match rifles. I was
talking about "given a
free choice of gun type."

Frank, I shot competitively for a number of years and to
the best of
my knowledge ALL matches restrict the choice of guns.

That does not change the fact that I said "Given a free
choice of gun
type." Do you not understand conditional clauses?

IF you had a free choice of gun type to bring to a
shooting match, you
would not bring an AR style gun. Other types are much more
accurate. Don't dance around that fact.

The AR style is chosen for other reasons, mostly
tough-guy fashion.

Given a free choice of vehicle type, racers would almost
always choose
jet aircraft. They're much faster than bicycles. Don't
dance around
the fact.

You're right! In a long distance race where there was a free
choice of vehicle, no rational person would choose a
bicycle. It's just not as fast as the better choices.

In a target shooting match where there was a free choice of
gun, no rational person would choose an AR style rifle. They
are just not as accurate.

The only exception would be a type of match where things
like pop-up targets simulated armed assailants. An AR might
be better there, because the AR design is optimized for
killing people.

Frank you have absolutely no idea. You made that up.

https://www.brownells.com/search/index.htm?k=Ar+15+Match+Grade+Barrels&avs|Make_3=A R-15

There's an entire industry devoted to match grade AR.0

(there are manufacturers who cut every corner for the lowest
price package. High volume = excellent market
segmentation.) My own is a midprice all-USA-made model,
good at 50 yard targets with steel sights and I am the
lowest of rank amateurs.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/