Old October 1st 20, 02:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default New Tactical Cycling Maneuver

On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 19:58:07 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 9/30/2020 7:24 PM, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 12:49:26 -0400, Frank Krygowski wrote:

I'm not denying the popularity of the AR style. I'm explaining it, and
how silly it is, and how detrimental to society.

You are explaining it??? Frank, you have demonstrated over and over
that you don't know enough about firearms to explain anything.

I'm explaining that the overall configuration of AR style rifles is
optimized for man-killing duty. It is light weight and compact for rapid
movement during combat. It can accept large magazines, can be quickly
reloaded, uses lighter ammunition so more rounds can be carried and
shot. It has other features (like pistol grip) that allow quick motion
and aiming in cluttered combat situations (as opposed to open field
shooting at a distance).

I'm saying that few of those features are optimum for what most people
claim as their intended use of guns. ARs are not the best gun for
hunting anything from deer to mountain goats to squirrels to ducks to
chipmunks. They are not the best gun for hitting a bullseye at a target
range. They are not the best gun for home defense.

They are popular mostly because they look like badass guns, so Walter
Mitty buys one to feel manly. And a few whackos like them because
they're really good at killing lots of people in schools, churches,
night clubs, concerts...

Instead of saying "You don't know anything," get specific. Don't
sidetrack, don't deflect. Tell me exactly what's wrong in what I wrote.

Well Frank, since you insist.

"They aren't the best hunting rifle..."

Actually the AR-15 weighs about 6.5 lbs and I can assure you that
carrying a 6 lb rifle all day is significantly less tiring then
carrying a 9 lb rifle.

The .223 Remingtonj, or 5.56×45mm NATO if you prefer is considered
adequate for up to deer size creatures - wound cavities age generally
larger then those of the 30-30 Winchester.

"They are not the best gun for hitting a bulls eye at a target
range...."

I've already shown you some pictures but here are even mo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5XPV-8db0Q
https://tinyurl.com/y76xmcfa
Note the predominance of the AR/M-16 type.

"And a few whackos like them"
https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/...uction-is.aspx
The AR-style rifle is the most popular firearm in the country, with
about 16 million Americans owning them.

In short Frank, your ignorance is amazing.
--
Cheers,

John B.