Old October 29th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Amsterdam Sixday

In article ,
Ted van de Weteringe wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Beautiful! Thanks for posting this, T-woud. How long is that track? It's
a beautiful venue. The local track is lovely, but it's a 200m affair
with volleyball courts in the middle.

You're welcome. The velodrome of Sloten (a suburb of Amsterdam) is also
200 m! Plan: http://www.velodrome.nl/images/velod...lattegrond.jpg
Compare with surrounding soccer fields:
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.33...80772&t=h&z=18

That velodrome is smaller than I thought. Do you know the banking
angles? Ours is 47 degrees in the corners; Sloten looks shallower than
that, but looks can be deceiving.

The layout looks pretty much the same as ours. I'll not soon forget what
my learn-to-ride instructor said on the first night: once you're an
expert at this velodrome, you're like a super-expert at any other
velodrome (referring especially to the big, flabby outdoor tracks like
Juan de Fuca and Marymoor).