Old October 30th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Amsterdam Sixday

In article ,
Ted van de Weteringe wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
That velodrome is smaller than I thought. Do you know the banking
angles? Ours is 47 degrees in the corners; Sloten looks shallower than
that, but looks can be deceiving.

Same: 47. 'Het Kuipke' in Gent is 166 m long and 50.6 degrees. Brutal.

Makes sense, as they're built to what look like identical dimensions.
Given that our track was built in the 1990s, it may have been modeled
after Sloten.

In Ontario, there's the Forest City Velodrome:

http://www.forestcityvelodrome.ca/track_rules.php

138m! Apparently 50 degrees as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGcwWmQxX7A