Old September 9th 05, 02:46 PM
Tom Nakashima

Default Making a College bike Inconspicuous?

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" wrote in
message news:3L2Ue.11996$Cc5.7045@lakeread06...
Tom Nakashima wrote:
"41" wrote in message
oups.com...
We should not have to go to such extremes and to ride garbage. What
would car owners say if that's what they had to do to their cars,
simply to make them workable transportation devices?

Agree, if people didn't steal, we wouldn't have to go through this.
-tom

That's not the problem. Bicycles are still thought of as children's toys
in America. A large percentage of the population only know what Huffys
are, and have only heard of those $5000 bikes... To the average joe,
bicycle theft is hardly a problem, so no solution needs to be formed.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

It shouldn't matter what the item is, why steal?
I used to commute by bicycle to work, taking the train. I found a wallet on
top of the USA paper machine early in the morning. It had all the ID's,
credit cards, and $1,620 in cash. I returned everything back to the owner.
He offered me a reward, I shook his hand, told him no reward. He said he
was also a cyclist, so I told him, "from one cyclist to another."
I've also seen fancy bicycles unlocked at restaurants or orther
establishments, no one in sight, perhaps they forgot to lock their bikes. I
won't touch them, but thinking I hope others do the same if they're not the
owner.
-tom