Old September 9th 05, 03:01 PM
Jim Flom

Default Making a College bike Inconspicuous?

"Tom Nakashima" wrote ...

It shouldn't matter what the item is, why steal?
I used to commute by bicycle to work, taking the train. I found a wallet
on top of the USA paper machine early in the morning. It had all the
ID's, credit cards, and $1,620 in cash. I returned everything back to the
owner. He offered me a reward, I shook his hand, told him no reward. He
said he was also a cyclist, so I told him, "from one cyclist to another."
I've also seen fancy bicycles unlocked at restaurants or orther
establishments, no one in sight, perhaps they forgot to lock their bikes.
I won't touch them, but thinking I hope others do the same if they're not
the owner.

Let's try that again.
I never lock my good bike, or use a lock for it, and thus I never leave it
anywhere I can't keep an eye on it. If I'm in that restaurant, I make sure
I have a good line of sight.

I found $240 in an ATM once, and told the store manager about it. A couple
of days later I got a call from a guy who lost money in the ATM, but it was
only about $60 bucks, so I got to keep the rest!

--
All men dream, but not equally.
Those who dream by night in the dusty

http://spaces.msn.com/members/flomblog/