Old August 21st 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default More California

Hi All,

My relocation plans are starting to take shape. I am going to
California next week to have a look around. No bike riding, but plenty
of driving. The plan is for me to see as much as I can so I can make a
"short list" of potential areas which I will visit again in October
with my wife and kids so they can see and make a final descision
later.

I have I beileve enough info for most of the places I will check out,
but I recently became interested in Santa Maria. Can someone fill me
in on what the racing/riding scene is like there? How far do you have
to ride to be out of range of stop signs, etc. In general what is it
like? Any suggestions on particular things/places I should check out
when I am in the area?

Thanks!

Joseph