Old December 30th 03, 03:42 PM
David Kerber

Default How Can I Tell Frame Size?

In article ,
says...
If you are having trouble starting or stopping or putting a foot down, then
your bike IS too big for you. You should not have to be uncomfortable in any
way. Not only will it interfere with your enjoyment of bicycling, but it may
not be safe as well. I would recommend bring it back to your vendor and
trying out a smaller size.

In a previous post, she had said she's trying to put a foot down
*while staying in the saddle*. If you can do that, the bike is
usually considered to be too small, not too large, but there are other
factors affecting her riding which necessitate this.

Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote:

I keep having the impression that my new bike is too big for me. The
vendor insists that for my 1.72 meters, the recommended frame size is 56
inches. A competing vendor suggests that a heavy person like myself may
be happier on one size down, a 53 inch frame, since that would make it
easier to keep a foot on the ground (I cannot start and stop or ride
standing).

However, I see no marking or designation on my bike whatsoever that
gives its frame size. It could be made for a 7 footer for all I know. Is
there any parameter I can measure to get an idea?

Many thanks,

Elisa Francesca Roselli
Ile de France

--
Dave Kerber
Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!