Old December 30th 03, 08:49 PM
Tanya Quinn

Default How Can I Tell Frame Size?

Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote in message ...
Thanks, I'll have a measure along the seat tube when I get home tonight. There
is no measurable top-tube as this is one of those low step-through jobs. I
cannot lower the seat much because I'm already having discomfort on the pedals;
what I have had to do is to move it quite far back, so that my legs have more
length to extend forwards, but this makes the distance across the top a little
too gaping. Raising the handlebars, in turn, makes an already very squirrelly
bike even more unstable.

EFR

Hi Elisa,
A 56 cm frame works for me, but I'm about 6 cm taller than you are.
Really it is the inseam that matters not your height. Most bikes are
made for a typical male, so most women (who tend to have longer legs
and shorter arms for their height) will find the reach long when they
have the height about right. When I bought my bike, the shop changed
the stem that came with the bike for a shorter stem. This will move
the handlebars closer without affecting their height or stability.

Tanya