Old September 19th 18, 11:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

Default Official pedal cyclist road deaths in 2016 ex DOT/NHTSA/FARS (Fatality Analysis Reporting System)

Andre Jute writes:

On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 10:01:33 PM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/19/2018 3:35 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 10:02:04 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 4:40:32 PM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:

I don't even get why the lunatic right would hate on Janet Reno.
If she was a tyrant who tortured prisoners, she should be the
poster-girl of the hell-fire and brimstone set.

-- Jay Beattie.

You should ask a member of the lunatic right to explain that to
you. Don't forget to report here so we can all have a giggle.

If you doubt that Reno tortured prisoners, I've already given you
a vivid, uncontested example in this thread. If you think you
know better, disprove it. Where one finds one example of such
brutality, there are usually many more examples to be discovered
by any competent investigator. It's not my problem if your media
has betrayed its obligation to truth, and to you.

Well, your media is betraying you, too:
http://blogs.brown.edu/pols-1821t-20...Walk_Myths.pdf

And why are we debating the past -- and particularly a past that
was well-known when Janet Reno was unanimously confirmed by the
Senate? Was the FBI not doing its job? The Senate Judiciary
Committee not doing its job? The Office of Government Ethics? The
staff of every senator of both parties? Even the IRS is part of
the vetting process. She was vetted more thoroughly than El
Presidente Trump. Why does every internet ****** think they know
more than two branches of the federal government?

If we're going to take pot-shots at politicians of the past, I've
got serious issues with James Polk and Andrew Jackson. And don't
get me started on Warren G. Harding.

-- Jay Beattie.

Great examples of leaders who, despite obvious personal
failings, were excellent on policy, especially as regards
keeping campaign promises, and effective. +1 on all three.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

My personal fave is "Silent Cal" Coolidge. When he asked his wife to
marry him, and she said yes, he fitted the engagement ring on her
finger to free his hands and then hoisted up a calico bag which he
gave to her. "What's this?" she demanded. Coolidge replied, "My socks,
for mending."

No one who inspired an eponym like the "Coolidge effect" could
be all bad.