Old April 25th 20, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default RIP John Forester

On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 07:13:03 -0700, sms
wrote:

On 4/24/2020 6:03 PM, John B. wrote:

snip

The argument that if we build bike paths more people will ride bikes
seems, well, similar to the theory that "if we build lower bridges
more people will bungee jump".

That's probably the worst analogy I've ever seen.

As an aside, building bike paths costs the taxpayer money while
enforcing existing laws should not add to the existing tax burden.

OMG, do you have any idea how much each additional police officer or
sheriff's deputy costs a city? Enforcing existing laws is incredibly
expensive, and it's a recurring cost. It's a tremendous tax burden.

Well, Good Lord!

VOTE for SMS and get rid of those expensive police and build bicycle
lanes to save money!
--
cheers,

John B.