Old September 21st 04, 12:23 AM
Howard

(Capri) wrote in news:7a07cc9c.0409191742.2e3bc689
@posting.google.com:

Earlier this summer I had the good fortune to find a longbikes
Vanguard at a garage sale. Bicycle riding has become so much fun
again. Some years ago I pretty much stopped riding my upright bicycle
because of back pain. I sold my beautiful Motobecane touring bike and
along with it went my dreams of riding a bicycle across the country.
Now i am 58 years old and still need a good bit of work to get back
into good riding shape but I can ride all day without back pain. The
other evening I was looking at these newsgroups and began thinking
about THE RIDE again. I went digging into my old file cabinet and
found my old Bike Centennial maps covering Missoula, Montana (where I
lived at the time) to St Augustine, Fl. (pretty close to where I live
now).........Cross country on a recumbent...hmmmmmmmmmm? I may be 20
years older but THE DREAM IS BACK!

Phil

Means, motive, opportunity... You lucky dog!

when you get a chance, look up
www.crazyguyonabike.com, and, for a Vanguard
take:
http://hypertextbook.com/bent/preface.shtml