Old August 29th 07, 08:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Peter Clinch

Default Recumbent Trikes - Where to Put the Lights?

Phil Cook wrote:

This would be great and fantastic if A was getting a front derailleur
equipped Scorpion. In fact she's getting the SRAM Dual Drive which
comes with a plain front end.

I think she could specify a boom with a derailleur post though if she
wants the computer wotsit real estate.

I would think that should be easy enough, as other Scorpions have a
front derailleur option and thus a boom with a stalk is a standard part
for the machine.

Also looking at the HPvelo price list
http://www.hpvelotechnik.com/shoppin...rpionfx_e.html
there are lights, bottles and airzounds listed so they must know where
they go.

On HPVel bikes lamps mount via a braze-on at the head of the boom. This
is no trouble if you're using a lamp designed for mounting like the B&M
dynamo lamps HPVel supply themselves, but it's no use if you want to use
something that just clips onto a handlebar.

This puts me back to my usual suggestion on HPVels to order them with
dynohub and standlight lamps fitted at the factory if you'll be wanting
illuminated riding at all.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK