Old August 30th 07, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Alan Braggins

Default Recumbent Trikes - Where to Put the Lights?

In article , Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman wrote:
Peter Clinch, the Most August Medical Physics IT Officer [1], wrote:
This puts me back to my usual suggestion on HPVels to order them with
dynohub and standlight lamps fitted at the factory if you'll be wanting
illuminated riding at all.

butbutbut [2], how do you put a dynohub on a tadpole?

On http://www.hpvelotechnik.de/shopping...corpion_e.html
tick the box labelled "light system SON hub dynamo, sensor standlight,
oneside mount".
Not so simple for other tadpoles, since AIUI the one-sided SON is
specific to the Scorpion hub design, but Peter said "on HPVels".

Does anyone make a
rear Shimano cassette compatible dynohub?

Yes, Shimano do. It's designed for their electric auto shifting system,
and produces less power than a standard dynamo, but is (reportedly) capable
of driving an LED light at reasonable brightness.