Old March 31st 17, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Habanero shows up curved stays

On 2017-03-30 23:37, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 16:37:06 -0700, Joerg

On 2017-03-30 07:31, wrote:
Ok my Habby shows up and beautiful Ti. I got the model with the
curved stays as opposed to straight. I was surprised by the large
curves ...

Until here I thought ... ahem ... about something similar to what Andrew
thought :-)

in chain and seat stays. Looks great have not had a chance to
ride it but any wizards out there give me the dope on curved vs
straight stays in a Titanium frame. Or any other for that matter.

I looked at Bertrand's link and began to wonder why they are so much
more expensive than the Ti cyclocrossers from BikesDirect. Those are
between about $1500 and $2000 depending on how they are equipped.

One reason might be that Titanium, isn't just one material. There are
a myriad of different alloys and grades. In addition some alloys and
grades are difficult to manufacture which might preclude the use as
thin wall tubes.. As an example, one supplier lists 11 different
grades of Ti tubes that are commonly used for aerospace and sports.

One might procure the cheapest alloy or the most expensive and label
each of them, honestly, as Titanium.

Certainly true but my MTB buddy has a Titanium HT from BikesDirect that
he beat the snot out of. That thing is indestructible. So their Titanium
seems to be among the good stuff. Which doesn't surprise me because
cheating there would very quickly destroy a reputation and then the
business.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/