Old January 16th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Lights and battery life

In article ,
Ken M writes:

So a question: How many hours do you
get from a set / charge of batteries? The lights I have use 4AA
batteries in the headlight and two AAA batteries in the rear red blinky
light, which I always use in the always on mode, no blink. I don't know
the model numbers off the top of my head although I guess I could look
them up.

Complicating the answer to that question is that flashlight
battery powered lights gradually become dimmer with use. So
as a general rule-of-thumb I halve the mfgrs' ratings to get
an approximation of /useful/ battery life. It's easy to be
fooled -- the lights may appear bright at first when turned
on, and then they'll dim with continued use.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.