Old February 7th 07, 12:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Water bottle for a criterium race

On Feb 7, 11:55 am, Artoi wrote:
I am wondering how necessary it is to carry water during a 20km
criterium race? Would a moderate water load prior to the start work?

This is assuming mild weather and at a medium grade level. I know there
can be other significant variables, but the above question stands.
Thanks.
--

Your body won't need it but your mind might. If your mouth goes dry
and you find yourself thinking "I wish I had my bottle" instead of

No reason not to bring one IMO.

Joseph