Old February 7th 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default Water bottle for a criterium race

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 10:55:13 GMT, Artoi wrote:

I am wondering how necessary it is to carry water during a 20km
criterium race? Would a moderate water load prior to the start work?

This is assuming mild weather and at a medium grade level. I know there
can be other significant variables, but the above question stands.
Thanks.

Take a bottle with a bit of liquid in it (perhaps 1/3 full?) to the
start line in case the event starts late and to calm your nerves
before the start.

--
JT