Old April 10th 19, 06:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default New Trek Pricing

On Monday, April 8, 2019 at 6:19:53 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, April 8, 2019 at 1:10:00 AM UTC-5, jOHN b. wrote:

When I was first married I used to give my
wife 500 baht (about US$ 25.00 at the time) a month to run the house,
pay the lights and water, etc. Now... I give her about US$775 for the
same purpose.

cheers,

John B.

You still have a wife? I'm guessing your wife is NOT American or western European or from any modern, civilized, democratic, rich type country. I ride with a bunch of dirty old men. All married. I'm guessing their wives would whip the hide off their arse if they tried anything like that.

When I first got married I thought that I should just turn my check over to the wife. That was certainly wrong. She spent it all and for the life of me I couldn't tell what on. I wanted to take her to a financial councilor but she refused so I went anyway. He said that in leu of her even trying to gain any control over her spending habits that I should just give her an allowance. She ended up leaving me.

Now she's back again with someone that will support her. But she has her own income and spends most of it on herself. I do everything else. But she did by all new kitchen appliances and I have to admit that all except for the stove are a great improvement. The bottom freezer split door Kitchen Aid is perfect and the Kitchen Aid dishwasher is so quiet that you don't even know it's running. The old stove burners didn't get how enough and this Kitchen Aid stove gets too damn hot. Lowest heat is about medium high on the old range. It would probably work well if you used all cast iron pots and pans.. The microwave works well.

All in all I only dislike the stove. It is continually needing cleaning because everything boils over if you don't watch it every second. It will boil 8 quarts of water for pasta in less than 5 minutes. Then you have to watch the pasta with the heat turned all the way down to keep it from boiling over. That's no way to cook.