Old July 18th 04, 09:39 AM
Geoff

Default Bunch ride 5

"flyingdutch" wrote in
message ...

perhaps everyones aim (beside Geoff and I. we are now wearing the smug'
jersey :-) ) should have been to GET OUT OF BED!!!
so it rained overnight! not a drop this morning

geoff introduced a new added loop (same route but we turned right at
Yan Yean Rd and out to Yarrambat/Whittlesea/Mernda

Not quite as far as Whittlesea.
For those not there today... The new loop started by turning right toward
YanYean instead of turning left toward Greensborough as was the case last
week. We then continued to Doreen passing thru Yarrambat along the way. We
turned left at Doreen, then left at Mernda then south along Plenty Road
until Latrobe Uni Bundoora where we turned left onto Kingsbury Drive. At
the end of this road we turned right and rejoined the previous weeks route
which headed for Fairfield via Ivanhoe.

Normally the bunch would have turned left at the Papermill but we turned
right instead. Why? For two reasons the first one was it was about time for
me to start heading home and second we wanted to check out the progress on
the new Northcote Velodrome complex. At the velodrome we were unable to see
much because of the exterior of the building is now pretty much complete and
there was too much reflection off the glass to see inside.

statswars...
trip 85km (for me. longer for Geoff)
avespd 26.5k
'the hill booo! 79kph. again! no pedalling and a bit wet but no
headwind. next week...

I think the main problem with getting any downhill speed happening was the
windchill factor. The faster we went the colder we got.

My stats.
Minimum Temperature 1 degree
Max Temp 12 degrees
Average Temp 6 degrees
Average Heart Rate 160 bpm
Maximum Heart Rate 187 bpm
Average Speed 26.0 km/h
Maximum Speed 76.7 km/h
Distance 115.8 km
Average Cadence 83 rpm
Maximum Cadence 122 rpm

Total Ascent 1125 m

now if its nice and sunny next Sunday can you come out to play???

Hopefully we'll see some more faces out there next week. (Hippy you're
excused this week due to other cycling related committments)

I must have got some dirt/sand on my chain at the velodrome cos from that
point on I had to endure a squeaky drivetrain all the way home.

Geoff