Old October 17th 09, 11:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default What is the case with belt drive?

On Oct 17, 10:14*pm, AMuzi wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
What is the case with belt drive? Efficiency? Reliability? Advantages
and disadvantages? Likehood of seeing it in the hood soon?

We sold quite a few Bridgestone toothed-belt drive the last
time the fashion came around. Almost as good as a chain, but
with a bonus "my bike is special" factor.

chain, belt, whatever. Both systems have advantages and
disadvantages but I don't find belts compelling. If you do,
then by all means try one.

--
Andrew Muzi
* www.yellowjersey.org/

Give us some chapter and verse, Andrew. Advantages, disadvantages, why
you fail to find belts compelling.

Rereading Lou's posts, I just discovered that a special frame is
required... That makes it expensive to buy one "just to try"!

Andre Jute
I'm not cheap, I'm poor