Old October 30th 11, 06:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow - Tom Sherman

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
On Oct 28, 12:32 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
I believe Tom Sherman has left these cycling newsgroups for good.

Lidl Tommi was already sinking into cynicism about the aims and

process in RBT when I arrived, and that was nearly a decade ago. His
recent, hugely off-topic displays of anti-semitism had all the signs
of a nervous breakdown in progress, cause unknown. I thought he was
recovering when he bought that green prophylactic device and tried to
make out it is bicycle, but apparently his sense of humor is still
AWOL.

Perhaps we should just remember Tom Sherman as the amusing,

enthusiastic, boy he once was.

Andre, every group needs someone who has been around for a long time. They
embody the lore of the group, something that newbies and fly-by-nights can
never do. I value anyone who can stick around a newsgroup on almost a daily
basis for years and years like Tom Sherman did.

Newsgroups change over time and so did Tom Sherman. After many years, there
is only so much that can be said about bicycles and cycling. Tom was always
pretty fair about posting on subjects that had nothing to do with the topic
of these groups. He always tired to label them OT.

What I liked best about Tom Sherman is that he knew how to get things going.
The only sin on Usenet is to be boring. I hope Tom and I were never that.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka